Friday 30 December 2011

Kelly Clarkson Endorses Ron Paul, Twitter War Erupts


Original American Idol Kelly Clarkson made a surprise endorsement in the 2012 Republican presidential race last night, throwing her support behind Ron Paul.

This did not go over well with some fans.

“I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance,” she wrote of the candidate. “If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”

Ron Paul PictureKelly Clarkson Live

Many of Clarkson’s 925,000 followers took issue with her support for the Texan, citing the alleged racism and homophobia of Paul's old newsletters.

“That’s because you willfully ignoring his voting record, his statements, interviews, newsletters, and policy positions,” one follower Tweeted at her.

“You are obviously living under a rock. I don’t even live in the United States and hear about his stupidity,” Tweeted another fan from abroad.

Clarkson tried to maintain calm, responding:  “I am about progress. Ron Paul is about letting people decide, not the government. I am for this.”

At that point, some came to her defense. “I love you girl,” one fan wrote. “If they dont love you over your political support, they dont love you!”

Clarkson continued to clarify her stance, noting in an extended tweet, “I am really sorry if I have offended anyone. Obviously that was not my intent."

"I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights."

"I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country."

"That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he’s my favorite.”

Some may question the wisdom of weighing in on such a topic at all, but to her credit, Clarkson kept her cool and didn’t waver from her stance.

Paul is currently battling Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum and Rick Perry for the 2012 Republican nomination.

The Iowa caucuses kick off the primary season January 3.

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/12/kelly-clarkson-endorses-ron-paul-sparks-twitter-war/

cory smoot do a barrel roll jimmy kimmel tilt do a barrel roll. fsu football fsu football

No comments:

Post a Comment